The Table Returns Policy
While the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act provide the basis for The Tables returns policy, we in fact go above and beyond the expectation of these two statutory laws. The Table has a 90 day Money Back Guarantee with printed proof of purchase. For a product to be returned under our policy, that product must be in a resalable condition unless faulty or otherwise defective. It is this policy that provides you peace of mind while shopping at The Table.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by The Table Ltd. In the event that goods sold are deficient or are faulty, the retailer has the right to repair, replace or refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
There are four options available for our customers who would like to return a product –
If a product is unsatisfactory, we can offer to exchange it for another one (i.e. a different size or colour etc) or another product of the same value. Generally proof of purchase is required in order to get an exchange, although we may waive this requirement if we believe we have sold the product. Please note, as mentioned above, products returned or exchanged must be in a resalable condition with packaging intact and all labels etc returned with the item.
2. Money Back Guarantee
Our Money Back Guarantee is a key aspect of our business. If a customer has proof that they purchased the goods from our store within the last 90 days they may obtain a refund. A refund will be made in the same tender as the original purchase. Please note that purchases made by cheque need seven days to clear before we can refund and as mentioned above, that product returned must be in resalable condition unless faulty or otherwise deficient.
3. Credit Note
The issuing of credit notes provides an alternative to a refund or exchange. These credit notes can be used to purchase anything from any of The Table New Zealand stores. Credit notes cannot be exchanged for cash and will not be generated for amounts less than $5.00.
4. Application for Refund
An application for a refund will be required where the original purchase was made by cheque less than seven days prior to the refund claim, where the original purchase was made through a WINZ Purchase Authority, or for products that require a further inspection prior to a refund being granted.
Our Returns Policy
- Where you have simply changed your mind, you will be covered under The Table 90 day guarantee. This only applies to all purchases that are still in an as-new condition.
- All products returned must be in their original unused condition, specifications and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the products. Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged or altered.
- All purchases must be returned and inspected before any refund will be granted
- We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
- Where the products are faulty or damaged due to manufacturing faults we will either: (i) replace the products; or (ii) repair the product under the manufacturers guarantee; (iii) give you a full refund.
- Manufacturing defects do not include normal wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.